What are cookies?
Cookies are data created by a server and stored in a text file on the hard disk of your computer, tablet or smartphone; they inform the website of your use of the website and your behaviour patterns and preferences.
Cookies may be stored permanently on your device and have a variable duration (so-called persistent cookies) or may disappear when the browser is closed or have a limited lifespan (so-called session cookies).
Cookies can be installed by the website you are visiting (so-called first party cookies) or may be installed by other websites (so-called third party cookies).
Cookies used and purposes
- Browsing cookies
These first party session cookies ensure users with a safe and efficient surfing and use of the Website (managing surfing session).
- Functionality cookies
These first party persistent cookies are used to remember the users’ choices (language selection).
- Cookies for media players
These Youtube session cookies are used to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content, such as image quality, network link speed and buffering parameters.
- Analytic cookies
Google Analytics and Youtube cookies are used to collect information on the use of the Website (how many users visit the site, which pages are visited by users, how long to users spend on the Website etc…).
- Profiling cookies
These Youtube cookies are used to track users and to send ads in line with the preferences shown by users.
- Social cookies
These third party cookies allow users to interact with social networks (Facebook, Twitter, …) and in particular to share contents of the website through the same social networks.
Managing preferences on cookies
You may know the information notices and modalities to disable cookies provided by third parties by clicking on the links contained in the item “More information” of the tables above.
You may finally object to cookies being recorded on your hard disk by setting your browser to disable cookies.
Check here for the instructions provided by the major browsers.
- Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer;
- Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet Options”;
- Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider device to the desired privacy level (upwards to block all cookies or downwards to allow them all);
- Then click on “Ok”.
- Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome;
- Click the “Tools” icon;
- Select “Settings” and then “Advanced settings”;
- Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”;
- In the “Cookies” tab, it is possible to clear the cookies and save these preferences.
- Open Firefox;
- Press the “Alt” key on the keyboard;
- In the toolbar at the top of the browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”;
- Then select the “Privacy” tab;
- Go to “History settings” and then to “Use custom settings”;
- Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save these preferences.
- Open Opera;
- Select “Settings” in the browser menu and then “Settings”;
- Select”Quick preferences”;
- Uncheck “Accept cookies”;
- Open Safari;
- Choose “Preferences” in the toolbar, and then select the “Security” panel in the dialogue window that follows;
- Under “Accept cookies” it is possible to specify whether and when Safari must save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (marked with a question mark);
- For more information on cookies that are stored on your computer, click “Show cookies”.
After doing so, however, certain web pages may not perform correctly.
Data communication and dissemination
Data collected using cookies may be processed by employees and collaborators of Veronafiere as persons in charge of the processing and data processors.
Data may be also processed by trusted companies that perform tasks of a technical and organizational nature on our behalf. These companies are our direct partner companies having the role of data processors.
In particular, regarding the processing of data made through the Website, Veronafiere has appointed data processors for the technical management and maintenance of the Website.
Their list is constantly updated and available on request by contacting the address below or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data collected by using cookies will to be sold to third parties.
Data transfer outside the EU
No trasfer is foreseen outside the territory of the European Union.
By sending an email to the email address email@example.com, data subjects may ask the controller for access his/her personal data, the erasure of data, the correction of inaccurate data, the integration of incomplete data, the limitation of processing in the cases provided for by Article 18 GDPR, as well as to object, on grounds relating to Your particular situation, to the processing carried out in the legitimate interest of the controller.
Furthermore and in the event that the processing is based on consent or contract and is carried out by automated means, data subjects have the right to receive their data in a structured format, in common use and readable by an automatic device, as well as, if technically feasible, to transmit them to another data controller without hindrance.
Data subjects have the right to revoke the consent given at any time for marketing and/or for profiling purposes as well as to oppose the processing for the marketing purposes including the profiling connected with direct marketing;
Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority within the member state in which they live or where they work or in the state where the presumed violation has occurred.